Torrential Profits: How Torrent Pharma Yielded 13,118% Returns
Had you invested 1 lakh in August 2002, you could have had ₹3 crores in profits today, with returns of ₹1,31,18,450 and ₹1,68,46,312 in dividends! Here’s a look at how Torrent Pharma has performed over the years.
⚗️ Stock Name: Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
⚗️ NSE: $TORNTPHARM
💊 About The Company
Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd. is one of the leading pharmaceutical companies having a presence in India and globally. It is engaged in research & development (R&D), manufacturing and marketing of generic pharmaceutical formulations.
💊 National Positioning
▪️ Has a modern and well-equipped state-of-the-art R&D Centre at Bhat, near Ahmedabad, built with an investment of $40 million.
▪️ 5th largest in the Indian pharmaceutical market by market cap. 16 of its brands are among the top 500 brands in the Indian Pharmaceutical Market, with 10 brands generating more than ₹100 crores of revenue.
💊 Key Facts
• Torrent Pharma manufactures pharmaceutical products under various dosage forms such as oral solids, oral liquids, topicals, suppositories, Human insulin and synthetic APIs. API manufacturing is predominantly aimed at captive consumption.
• Key therapy areas are cardiovascular (CVS), central nervous system (CNS), vitamins & nutrients (V&M), gastrointestinal and anti-diabetes.
• It has a team of 700+ scientists at its R&D facility in Gujarat. It has spent ₹490 crores on R&D which is 6% of its revenues.
• Operates 8 manufacturing facilities in India and also has a manufacturing facility in the USA. It has a manufacturing capacity of 2,100+ crore unit dose formulations per annum and an API manufacturing capacity of 95 metric tonnes per annum.
• On August 16, 2002, the shares of the company were trading at ₹11.80, while they were priced at ₹1539.95 as of August 15, 2022.